Recorded on August 20, 2019.
We all know the selection and hiring process can take a lot of time, resources and energy. With all that investment, it’s important to make sure you start off on the right foot before and after hiring your new employee. Having a well-thought-out approach to selection and hiring and a clearly-defined onboarding process will help you retain your newly hired employee and foster their long-term engagement in their position.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Review the best practices and existing tools and resources for selection and hiring
- Understand how and why to build a consistent onboarding process for your newly hired employee
- Hear about best practices in action as we talk with one U of MN school’s challenges and successes in redesigning their onboarding
For a more active learning experience, download the Smart Hiring, Successful Onboarding ActionSheet (MS Word). The ActionSheet becomes your takeaway to help reinforce learning and something that you can reference for later.
Smart Hiring, Successful Onboarding Webinar
Or, listen to the podcast version of this webinar:
Module 6: Onboarding New Employees
- Planning New Employee Onboarding (PDF)
- Onboarding Worksheet (Word)
- Organizational Culture and Onboarding (PDF)
- A Conversation Guide for New Employees (PDF)
- Quick Guide to Goal Setting (PDF)
- Goal Setting Template (Word)
Module 7: Selection and Hiring