While many of the library resources are available system-wide, the permalinks to the articles are built using the Twin Cities libraries access. System campuses need to login through their library system and search for the articles there:
- Anseel, F., Beatty, A. S., Shen, W., Lievens, F., Sackett, P. R. (2015). How are we doing after 30 years? A meta-analytic review of the antecedents and outcomes of feedback-seeking behavior. Journal of Management, 41, 318-348.
- Bullock, R. (2013, August 6). When Feedback Attacks!! (when, how, and why feedback can hurt performance). Retrieved February 6, 2017, from http://www.scontrino-powell.com/2013/when-feedback-attacks-when-how-and-why-feedback-can-hurt-performance/
- Jenson, C. (2016). Is Workplace Coaching a Generic or Goal Specific Intervention? An Examination of Predictors of Goal Progress in Workplace Coaching Engagements (Doctoral dissertation).
- Kluger, A. N. & DeNisi, A. (1996). The effects of feedback interventions on performance: A historical review, a meta-analysis, and a preliminary feedback intervention theory. Psychological Bulletin, 119, 254-284.
- Shute, V. J. (2008). Focus on formative feedback. Review of Educational Research, 78, 153-189.
- Schwarz, R. (2017, October 30). The "Sandwich Approach" Undermines Your Feedback.
- Bono, J. E., Purvanova, R. K., Towler, A. J., & Peterson, D. B. (2009), A survey of executive coaching practices. Personnel Psychology, 62, 361-404.
- Marc, E. (2014, July 24). The Hard Truth about Effective Performance Management.
- Fishbach, A., & Finkelstein, S. R. (2012). How feedback influences persistence, disengagement, and change in goal pursuit. In H. Aarts & A. J. Elliot (Eds.), Goal-directed behavior (pp. 203-230). New York: Psychology Press.
- Garvin, D. A. (2013). How Google sold its engineers on management: Hint: it’s all about the data. Harvard Business Review, 91, 74-82.
- Giving Effective Feedback: Check in regularly, handle tough conversations, bring out the best (2014). Boston: Harvard Business School Publishing Corp.
- Mangels, J.A., Good, C., Whiteman, R.C., Maniscalco, B., and Dweck, C.S. (2011). Emotion blocks the path to learning understanding stereotype threat. Social cognitive and affective neuroscience advance access. Oxford University Press.
- Martin, J. & Schmidt, C. (2010). How to keep your top talent. Harvard Business Review, 88, 54-61. Conference Board. (2005).
- Peterson, D.B. (2008). High-potential, high risk. HR Magazine, 53, 85-87.
- Rockquemore, K., PhD. (2018, January 22). Is Balance a Myth? The Monday Motivator.
- Silzer, R.F., & Church, A. (2009). The pearls and perils of identifying potential. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2, 377-412.
- Weitzel, S. R. (2000). Feedback that works: How to build and deliver your message. Greensboro, North Carolina: Center for Creative Leadership.
- Peterson, D. B. (2002), PDI. Management development; coaching and mentoring programs, from: Kraiger, K. (Ed.) (2002). Creating, implementing, and managing effective training and development. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- DiGirolamo, J. Coaching for professional development (2015), SHRM-SIOP Science of HR White Paper Series.
- HBR guide to coaching your employees: Ask before you tell, tailor your feedback, foster steady growth.
- Kreamer, A. (2013, January 03). How to Handle Tears at Work.
- Groysberg, B. & Abrahams, R. (2015). The whys and hows of feedback. Harvard Business School class discussion note.
- Hicks, M.D. & Peterson, D.B. (1999). The development pipeline. Knowledge Management Review, July-August 1999.
- Riddle, D., Truth and courage: Implementing a coaching culture (2016), CCL white paper.
HBR Blogs (hbr.org)
- Batista, E. Building a feedback-rich culture, Harvard Business Review blog (December 24, 2013).
- Phoel, C.M. Feedback that works, Harvard Business Review blog (April 27, 2009).
- Pozen, R.C. The delicate art of giving feedback, Harvard Business Review blog (March 28, 2013).
- Weintraub, J. R. & Hunt, J. M. Four reasons managers should spend more time on coaching, Harvard Business Review blog (May 29, 2015).